09 - Nov - 2013 .- Bad News, download manager source code was refactored and is very different, I am trying to figure out everything so will have to start from scratch to release a new version, this is going to take while, at least current version 28.0.1495.0 is still working great here and newer code have been unstable or 'flaky', maybe this is the point where they start changing all the code around making things worse.
16 - Jul - 2013 .- Updated code to version 28.0.1495.0
Updated all the code almost without problems this time, I did not add any new feature, just upgraded all code base to latest chrome source available to get all the new stuff and bug fixes, I had problems with browser_view_layout.cc since someone decided to move things around but he did a great job and also the guy that works with all the download manager source files did not create a mess :D
06 - Mar - 2013 .- Updated code to version 27.0.1431.0
Chromium developers fixed browser crash when windows theme was changed, I hope they didn't added new bugs this time..
05 - Mar - 2013 .- Updated code to version 27.0.1430.0
Chromium developers fixed V8 engine and other important fixes.
26 - Feb - 2013 .- Updated code to version 27.0.1419.0
15 - Feb - 2013 .- Important!!!: had to downgrade to version 26.0.1399.0 since version 26.0.1409.0 has a lot of problems because chromium developers are releasing pure crap packed with new bugs, do not use any chrome version higher than 26.0.1399.0 until they fix all the problems (like Issue 175335 & Issue 176175)
This rebuilded version 26.0.1399.0 has the following fixes:
- Fixed webgl text rendering.
- Fixed password saving because was not working for google services like gmail.
- Fixed text render for printed documents.
- Solved the following bugs:
- Avoided Issue 175335: Scrollbar & ComboBox Visual defects.
- Avoided Issue 176175: Scrollbars and other UI elements have disappeared.
- Fixed Issue 176164: Printed document text is misplaced when printing using system dialog.
- Fixed Issue 140632: Google Chrome won't save my passwords.
10 - Feb - 2013 .- Updated version to 26.0.1409.0 that includes render updates and download shelf fixes!
08 - Feb - 2013 .-
Finally finished upgrading the code, chromium developers moved a lot of code around and was really hard to make the update even knowing exactly what was needed.
22.0.1187.0 have been running very stable but decided that was time for an upgrade as many people requested it.
I really wonder why Google / Chromium developers have not yet included this features, they keep refactoring all the source code and avoid adding much needed features.
Main Features of Advanced Chrome Web Browser:
- Download Shelf that allows the following options:
- Save: Downloads to default folder or prompts user for location.
- Open: Downloads to temp folder and opens download when finish.
- Discard: Cancel download.
- Up to 999 downloads can be handled at the same time, they will stack and wait for user action.
- Download Items with extended information:
- Improved speed calculation.
- Full download info including speed, time left and size (18/300MB, 3 mins, 840 KB/s).
- New option on download context menu:
- Temp Folder for Downloads:
- Allows to store downloads that are only going to be opened.
- Located at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache\Downloads
- This folder is cleaned / deleted automatically when browser is closed.
- Print All Tabs:
- Only works with "Print..." located at the wrench menu or main menu.
- To print all opened tabs you need to click on "Print..." while pressing SHIFT KEY.
- Print all tabs launches a confirmation dialog for each tab so you have to click "OK" on all of them.
- Print Settings:
- Print Header and footer are turned off by default.
- Fixed file name bugs present on default chrome / chromium version.
- Fixed print layout problems present on default chrome / chromium version.
- Download zip
- Extract to desktop or anywhere
- Run chrome.exe at extracted folder
Use your current Chrome / Chromium Settings:
This is chromium build so your profile folder will be different than chrome profile.
To use your current chrome profile with this build you need to copy:
Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
To: C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data