Does Advanced Chrome custom build is discontinued?

Any topic

Does Advanced Chrome custom build is discontinued?

Postby Dibya » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi Advanced Chrome custom build is only last hope for we XP users but in various community people are saying it has been discontinued . Is it true? Their some people said their will be no update for XP . I became worried and came here to ask Admin.
I am unable to use certain newer extension due to internal Chrome version is old . I have few requests if the project is not discontinued.
*Chrome depends upon Crypt32 dll for ECC certificate but XP doesn't support ECC certificate . Please can you add support for ECC certificate support on XP using OpenSSL certificate manager.( If os = XP then OpenSSL certificate manager else crypt 32 certificate manager).
*Update the Chrome engine to newer version for extension support and security updates.
*Update wide vine decryption module.
I hope I will get a reply soon. I hope what people are saying are hoax otherwise my heart is going to break.
Dibya

Re: Does Advanced Chrome custom build is discontinued?

Postby admin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:37 am

Hi!, the problem with chromium is that they really move the source code a lot and keep removing "old" code, it is near impossible to keep up with their mess and sadly soon you will have no support for new codecs, encryption and plugins with older chrome versions.

Will keep updating advanced chrome for versions 60+ since all my efforts to update v54 have failed :cry:

I know XP is simple and old good without all the crap they added in newer versions, but soon you will have to move on, you really need to try linux :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dibya » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:30 am

Yep Still We have plenty of browser(Newmoon,basilisk,KM76,Seamonkey,FirefoxESR).
I will keep using your build on my 8.1.
Thanks for your reply
Dibya

Postby admin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:02 am

Tried to update v8 and webkit keeping all the rest and was impossible to fix all the code they have removed.

To make things harder now they are using Clang compiler and now it takes 8 hours to build, have 4 cores cpu at 4.0ghz and SSD so I dont know what they are doing but every time it gets worse.
Updated Latest Build to version 65.0.3288.0 succesfully, with all the massive changes they have done it is impossible even just building previous versions.
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion