Custom Build is a rocket

Any topic

Custom Build is a rocket

Postby rasie1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello admin,

Your new Advanced Chrome Custom Build goes off like a rocket and everything seems to work fine under XP. I just updated newest pepflashplayer.dll and installed uBlock Origin. Thank you. What do you say about the recommendation for the Meltdown and Spectre Bug? https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7623121?hl=en
rasie1

Re: Custom Build is a rocket

Postby admin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Great! thanks for you kindly words, the problem with chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process is the increased memory usage, to be hacked online you need to be deceived by some site that asks you to enable some plugin or when you allow a hacker to run a nacl app, even if you allow them to run they will have to break the sandbox, I guess the risks are slim.

Abusive javascript is more common, they use it to hash bitcoin on your browser or fill your screen with tons of ads, for me that is the problem #1

Will be great to implement javascript cpu quotas or limit exec time to trottle abusive websites, expect something like this soon, this is must have on android, some sites really eat my battery and phone gets really hot.

The new pepflashplayer.dll gave some problems here under windows XP, if you find a newer version that works fine with XP I can include it on Custom Advanced Chrome.
admin
Site Admin

Postby rasie1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 am

Hello admin,

After a lot of testing, I found that some of the videos in Advanced Chrome's "pepflashplayer.dll (21.0.0.213)" as well as the latest "pepflashplayer.dll (28.0.0.137)" are not playing (no crashes). I found a solution to that effect by simply deleting the files "manifest.json" and "pepflashplayer.dll" from the folder "PepperFlash". After that all videos are running. I do not know why that is so, but it's nice that it works that way.

Greeting Ralph
rasie1

Postby admin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Maybe the video tried to play using flash, if you delete pepflashplayer.dll then flash is gone from the browser and the video might try to play using other codec.

Flash is not really important now so if it works for you without flash then is all good!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dibya » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:28 am

Hi Admin What are changes in new custom build?
Dibya

Postby admin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

The new version is just a bug fix of crash issue with pepperflash and disabled automatic update of user agent, that means user agent is always the same, that was giving problems because some sites deliver different javascript depending of chrome version, if older chrome uses a newer user agent then the site will send javascript files that maybe your old browser can't run.

To change user agent it is much better to use Chrome UA Spoofer.
admin
Site Admin

Postby old school windows » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Windows XP Professional here.

A big thank you for your terrific "Advanced Chrome" browser. The best browser for me up to now.

Please, keep the support for the XP.

Thank you.
old school windows

Postby serbox » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 am

Admin, thank You VERY match for this browser for XP! On my old notebook Dell latitude d600 it working super good. Really - rocket.
serbox

Postby calibermix » Thu May 10, 2018 3:28 am

will there be new updates for the custom build browser ?

many sites are not supported and I'm about to delete it because there is no advantage over stock Chrome.
calibermix

Postby admin » Thu May 10, 2018 10:08 am

If you still use XP you won't find any browser because XP kernel is too old and today websites are developed with latest browser versions in mind.

You can install Linux and use chrome, firefox or whatever you like, it is time to dump XP my friend.

If you use windows 7 or higher you can install Latest Advanced Chrome 68.0.3419.0 and it is much better than stock chrome.
admin
Site Admin

Postby calibermix » Fri May 11, 2018 4:43 am

in other words your response is: NO ?

the latest update is from January 2018 so I thought we would see more updates in the near future.
calibermix

Postby Dibya » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:54 am

One of my friend has luck compiling Chromium 69 for XP. Just wait for few months
Dibya

Postby rasie1 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:28 am

@Dibya: That would be really nice.

@calibermix: The most recent browser that XP lovers can currently use is Maxthon 5.2.3.4000, which builds on the core of Chromium 61:

http://de.maxthon.com/

The nice thing about this browser is that newer versions also for XP will be available. Only a few websites do not work with this browser because of invalid certificates. Therefore, as an alternative I also use the basilisk browser of roytam1 from the msfn forum:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my- ... p/?page=40

Sorry admin for what i have recommended here. I still appreciate your work very much.
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 am

@rasie. in CHINA there still are millions of people using XP that's why Maxhton is still getting support but it has never been my favorite browser as it's not as smooth as chrome.

where did you see it's based on chromium 61 core ?

the Maxthon site says 670M users but when taking a look at the browsers market share it's around 0.3% only !!

Firefox is my main browser, all sites do still work because the last update was realesed on last month but I know websites will stop supporting this Firefox version from now on (hope I'm wrong)

Facebook and Youtube require fast browsers other than this I'm happy enough with Firefox even though it's a slow browser.

I don't know what's gonna happen in the future, if there is a remastered XP as you can see on youtube I would be glad to make the switch otherwise

the last thing I would do if Firefox becomes obsolete like IE or does not work on many sites like Chrome I will install a virtual machine just for the browser. :x :x
calibermix

Postby rasie1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am

@calibermix: Since version 5.2.0.900 (released 02/27/2018), the core of Maxthon has been updated to Chromium 61:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/

My big hope is that newer versions of Maxthon will also have newer kernels from Chromium and continue to run on XP. That would be wonderful.

At the moment I use Basilisk from the msfn forum and Maxthon 5.2.3.4000.
Everything works so far well and the speed is o.k .. Actually, I miss nothing.

XP forever. ;)
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 am

@rasie1 thanks for the links

I was just checking Maxthon browser settings and it said it was up to date !! I had the 5.2.xxx installed :shock:
I thought the latest versions would not be compatible with XP then I had to download the latest version manually and it runs with no problem.....

I thought Pale Moon was a dead project, it's still being updated although it's even slower than Firefox.
I tried to install the ublock addon to make it a little faster but it seems not to be possible

the Serpent browser that you are recommending seems to be based on FF 52.9 it's not faster than original Firefox either
the FF on W7 is really smooth I think we will have to live with slow browsers forever

if all of sites are accessible without getting the typical grey background error (chrome) and all streaming video channels are working well and I can install the FF2 skin I'm satisfied :P
https://addons.mozilla.org/EN-US/firefo ... /versions/

this one has not been updated for a while now and it's based on chromium 50 http://www.slimjet.com/es/dlpage_xp.php

this one is based on chromium 55 I find it even slower than advanced chrome custom build (54) http://www.ucweb.com/desktop/
calibermix

Postby rasie1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:48 am

@calibermix:

I did not know UCBrowser yet, interesting, thanks.

I also had Slimjet, but unfortunately the last version for XP is too old.

Before Maxthon, I had Yandex, a Russian browser, the latest version for XP based on Chromium 57:

https://browser.yandex.com/

For you, the speed seems to be very important. For me stability, safety and functionality are more important than speed.

At the moment I am very happy with Maxthon. :)
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:51 am

I had a problem with Maxhton in the past but a support team member was unable to fix it.
he wanted to access my PC through team viewer software in order to fix Maxhton issue because he was thinking I could be an ignorant and it was my fault
then I ended up uninstalling that browser which is not the lightest nor fastest at start up either.
few months later I re-installed it once again but I don't use it at all.

Yandex appearance did not convince me at all and I don't expect to reinstall it any time soon unless they release a new version with faster core.

Yep, the speed is the most important to me it's the time a site takes to load everything. if you don't get tired of waiting then good for you.
this is why Chrome is the King even though Firefox came out its Quantum version. it's a shame Mozilla have waked up too late.

the number of chromium version has no relevance to me I just want all of the sites to working.
as far the stability goes, Firefox was terrible in the past but now it's almost perfect I have not had a single crash in long months...
calibermix

Postby rasie1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:51 pm

@calibermix: My unchanged since 2012 system:

- Operating System: WinXP Home SP3 with POSReady Updates

- CPU: Intel Core i7 3770T @ 2.50 GHz (Ivy Bridge)

- RAM: 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 4 GB

- Motherboard: MSI B75IA-E33 mATX (Intel 7-Chipset Board)

- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated)

- Storage: 1 TB SAMSUNG HD103SI (SATA - AHCI Mode)

Since 6 years my best running system ever (no games). 8-)
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 am

@rasie1 many people still think that XP users only use it due to old poor hardware. LOL

you only get 3.5GB of RAM on 32 bit version. I don't know why Firefox gets frozen and slow when it exceeds 2GB of RAM (chrome runs just fine)

if you add a Samsung SSD (XP trim) into your PC it would run even faster.

the lack of drivers and software incompatibility makes me stick on XP 32 (I got too many BSOD on 64)

my hard drives are getting full but I am able to survive some months before I switch over to Server 2003 (it supports 2TB plus hard drives)

external NAS or Seagate Magic software could be the second option to avoid using another OS.

W7 extended support is to end up by 2020 I'm wondering what will people do without M$ support or browsers updates... :roll:
Last edited by calibermix on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calibermix

Postby rasie1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:37 am

@calibermix:

New interesting information and thoughts from you, thank you.
I will probably install an SSD. That would actually bring speed again.

"W7 extended support is to end up by 2020 I'm wondering what will people do without M$ support or browsers updates..."

Windows 7 users may be waiting for a registry hack on Windows Embedded POSReady 7 (support until October 12, 2021). :D
EOL Dates: https://federatedservice.com/blog/2018/ ... d-of-life/
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:36 pm

@rasie1 Samsung is by far the world market leader and most popular SSD
its Magician software provides TRIM support for XP but intel or Crucial SSD's can do the job as well.
you also have to align the first partition when installing XP http://bfy.tw/J25S
another unusual option is to using RAM disk software to install your favorite browser there and make it run a bit faster but I actually find 3.5GB of RAM is not enough.

some banks are just now making the transition while others have not started yet from POSR 2009 to POSR 7
not sure if it's worth to switch for just 1-3 years of extended support.

I'm wondering if the POSR extended support is/was financed $$$ and delayed by the big government corporations or is it free and limited as with any other OS.
that's what makes me angry because they use our money and we need this kind of hacks in order to get the latest windows updates

I realized today that Linkedin stopped working on Chrome 49 it's a shame as many other important sites are following this way.
I had never imagined that the fuc**** browsers would be the real killers of our OS and not the lack of updates from M$

the bottom line refers to Windows 12 I have never read anything about it.
I think it will be called Windows Core OS (based on Linux) time will tell.. :geek:
calibermix

Postby rasie1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am

@calibermix:

Yeah, if I buy an SSD then it will be a Samsung SSD, with TRIM support of course and correct alignment. The Aligment I have already done with my HDD and integrated the AHCI driver with nLite.

You know, from me Microsoft, Google u. Do whatever you want, I will not buy your crab anymore. I grew up with XP, I love it like an old car that you can screw around on your own. For a while I considered buying Windows 7, but now it's already too late for that. On the one hand, I can Microsoft, Google u. understand, they want to sell their new products. On the other hand, in the case of XP, they should have given users the freedom to opt for updates and a modern browser. I would have been willing to pay 60 euros a year. But their strategy is: eat or die. If nothing at all goes with XP, I pull the plug and go with Linux into the net. I have a dual boot with XP and Linux Mint. But I keep XP, it's like an old treasure, a part of me and my life. ;)
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:31 pm

[quote]The Aligment I have already done with my HDD and integrated the AHCI driver with nLite.[/quote]

it's not a 4K sectors HDD so you don't need to do the alignment process at all.

I have W7 installed on another computer for testing and it lacks the few important features for me that XP has.

M$ simply wanted to compete against Apple and Samsung that's why they wanted everyone to use W8-10 OS

the W8-10 is a bad copy of the Windows Phone OS that they had installed in their Nokia Lumia phones.

Nokia switched over to Android and Windows Phone OS is dead. M$ lost the stupid war trying to convert/ adapt desktop OS in to Mobile OS

the latest AMD or intel processors do only run on W10... I have no idea if they get paid by M$

XP kernel is too old and software developers tend not to support old software without Windows updates.

2 months ago I tried React OS and Windows Longhorn for the sake although I did not like them a bit.
calibermix

Return to General Discussion