Some videos on Twitter do not run

Post here any issue you find

Some videos on Twitter do not run

Postby rasie1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:52 am

Hello,

First thank you for working on Advanced Chrome.

I am still with Windows XP on the way and still wants to continue to the support end of POSReady in April 2019 continue and then switch to Linux.
I downloaded the custom build version 54 and must say it is the fastest browser I've ever used in XP, Super.
One thing I noticed however: Some videos on Twitter do not run (GIF videos / GIF animations). The message "This medium could not be played" appears.

Is that a custom build error? Or do I have to adjust something? Or do I have to install the Flash Player?

When will you release the next custom build version?

Thanks and regards from Ralph from Germany.
rasie1

Re: Some videos on Twitter do not run

Postby admin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Ralph welcome to the forum, thanks for your kind words.

Custom Build 54 works without problems on windows 7 so the problem must be related to windows XP, you can try checking if they work using incognito mode, if they do then some extension is the culprit.

XP does not support hardware acceleration so this is probably the issue with the media.

Sadly I have never built chrome for linux but i have this task on my TO DO list, windows 7 if properly tunned runs fine, I created my own sysprep version tunned to the max and packed with lots of software tools I need so in my situation I would not move to linux until I find replacement for all the windows software I need, some software like komodo edit is multiplatform so that helps.

You ever tried to install Windows 7?

Sadly I have tried to update webkit/blink engine for custom build 54 but no luck, somehow they like to move things a lot and compiler gives like 800 errors, at this time custom build will have to stay there, only latest build can be updated.
admin
Site Admin

Postby rasie1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:23 am

Hello admin,

Thank you very much for your answer to my problem. I will still try your tips to come to a solution.

Meanwhile, I have found another alternative browser for Windows XP: Yandex Portable Version 17.4.1919:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/thumba ... 20Browser/

It is based on Google Chrome version 57.0.2987.919 and works perfectly under XP. Unfortunately it is the last version for XP because Yandex has stopped the support for XP.

Perhaps this information is also interesting for other people and for you or you already know.

Many greetings Ralph
rasie1

Postby admin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 am

Hey Ralph, at some point windows XP will have no support, you will have to change OS soon, ubuntu, mint, fedora, are good options depending on what you need.
admin
Site Admin

Postby rasie1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 am

Thank you and yes, I want to disconnect Windows XP 2019 from the network. I already have a dual boot system with Windows XP and Linux Mint. Linux Mint has the Firefox and Chromium browser on board.

Greetings Ralph
rasie1

Return to Bug Reports