Problem with display of the websites

Post here any problems you may encounter

Problem with display of the websites

Postby Slavich » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Perhaps, the similar problem already rose and I repeat. At me the websites aren't reflected... Yandex Map & Instagram also doesn't see some emoji, which are seen by Google Chrome 49. The version of the browser Advanced Chrome 54 for Windows XP. I with pleasure would use your browser if not this problem.
Slavich

Re: Problem with display of the websites

Postby admin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 am

Sadly websites update their javascript code and stop supporting old browsers, that happens everyday.

Already tried to update but it was impossible because of XP old kernel, the only solution is to update XP kernel to include newer cryptographic libraries and some newer thread safe functions that are needed for chrome +54

The problem is that you can not build chrome 52 with newer webkit/blink and V8 because of the newer sandboxing they created, it won't even compile.

I don't know if updating XP kernel is even possible but it is the only chance to use newer apps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Slavich » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 pm

The updates which were coming out for Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 too can't solve this problem? For this system the browser is provided?

Thanks.
Slavich

Postby admin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:00 pm

There must be a way to patch windows XP kernel, must be easier than downgrading all the apps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby calibermix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 pm

the other amateur browser developer is unable to upgrade Basilisk with quantum engine.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my- ... nt-1147622
FF52 would soon become obsolete like IE6 if there was nobody behind it
as long as websites do work properly I can survive even though the speed overall is far from what we get on W7.
Mozilla is losing millions of users as times goes on, it's been a mistake for them to stop the support for millions of XP users.
sometimes I get a BSOD when closing the chrome-chromium thus I try not to use it often
although it's still smoother than firefox based browsers it just 'swallows' a lot of RAM (I have a box full of RAM cards that I cannot even use)
it would be a miracle if you ever could get the XP patched :P
calibermix

Return to Support