Custom Build is a rocket

Any topic

Custom Build is a rocket

Postby rasie1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello admin,

Your new Advanced Chrome Custom Build goes off like a rocket and everything seems to work fine under XP. I just updated newest pepflashplayer.dll and installed uBlock Origin. Thank you. What do you say about the recommendation for the Meltdown and Spectre Bug? https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7623121?hl=en
rasie1

Re: Custom Build is a rocket

Postby admin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Great! thanks for you kindly words, the problem with chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process is the increased memory usage, to be hacked online you need to be deceived by some site that asks you to enable some plugin or when you allow a hacker to run a nacl app, even if you allow them to run they will have to break the sandbox, I guess the risks are slim.

Abusive javascript is more common, they use it to hash bitcoin on your browser or fill your screen with tons of ads, for me that is the problem #1

Will be great to implement javascript cpu quotas or limit exec time to trottle abusive websites, expect something like this soon, this is must have on android, some sites really eat my battery and phone gets really hot.

The new pepflashplayer.dll gave some problems here under windows XP, if you find a newer version that works fine with XP I can include it on Custom Advanced Chrome.
admin
Site Admin

Postby rasie1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 am

Hello admin,

After a lot of testing, I found that some of the videos in Advanced Chrome's "pepflashplayer.dll (21.0.0.213)" as well as the latest "pepflashplayer.dll (28.0.0.137)" are not playing (no crashes). I found a solution to that effect by simply deleting the files "manifest.json" and "pepflashplayer.dll" from the folder "PepperFlash". After that all videos are running. I do not know why that is so, but it's nice that it works that way.

Greeting Ralph
rasie1

Postby admin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Maybe the video tried to play using flash, if you delete pepflashplayer.dll then flash is gone from the browser and the video might try to play using other codec.

Flash is not really important now so if it works for you without flash then is all good!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dibya » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:28 am

Hi Admin What are changes in new custom build?
Dibya

Postby admin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

The new version is just a bug fix of crash issue with pepperflash and disabled automatic update of user agent, that means user agent is always the same, that was giving problems because some sites deliver different javascript depending of chrome version, if older chrome uses a newer user agent then the site will send javascript files that maybe your old browser can't run.

To change user agent it is much better to use Chrome UA Spoofer.
admin
Site Admin

Postby old school windows » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Windows XP Professional here.

A big thank you for your terrific "Advanced Chrome" browser. The best browser for me up to now.

Please, keep the support for the XP.

Thank you.
old school windows

Postby serbox » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 am

Admin, thank You VERY match for this browser for XP! On my old notebook Dell latitude d600 it working super good. Really - rocket.
serbox

Postby calibermix » Thu May 10, 2018 3:28 am

will there be new updates for the custom build browser ?

many sites are not supported and I'm about to delete it because there is no advantage over stock Chrome.
calibermix

Postby admin » Thu May 10, 2018 10:08 am

If you still use XP you won't find any browser because XP kernel is too old and today websites are developed with latest browser versions in mind.

You can install Linux and use chrome, firefox or whatever you like, it is time to dump XP my friend.

If you use windows 7 or higher you can install Latest Advanced Chrome 68.0.3419.0 and it is much better than stock chrome.
admin
Site Admin

Postby calibermix » Fri May 11, 2018 4:43 am

in other words your response is: NO ?

the latest update is from January 2018 so I thought we would see more updates in the near future.
calibermix

Return to General Discussion