New versions updates

Any topic

New versions updates

Postby wass » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:36 am

Hey
Thanks for this amazing version of Chrome (you are a Windows XP life saver).

So I wanted to know about the future versions of the Custom build (the WIN XP compatible) future updates. How much do you think you'll provide support to it and in case of a new version update, does it install automatically or we should check from time to time your website?

Thanks again.
wass

Re: New versions updates

Postby admin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:51 am

Hi! welcome to the forum, custom build is hard to update so maybe is much easier to for me to make latest version compatible with winXP, I haven't tried yet but soon will try some ideas that might work.

You can subscribe to this thread and receive notifications of new versions by email: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

Thanks for your kind words and hopefully latest version will be XP compatible.
admin
Site Admin

Postby wass » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:56 am

Great!

Thanks again and best of luck.
wass

Postby Dibya » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:28 pm

I am looking forward to run newer Advanced Chrome on XP.
I would love if two things can be possible .
* Ported DX9 HW acceleration from earlier chrome.
*ECC Certificate support on XP[May be OpenSSL lib can be used just to add that ECC support to XP]
Dibya

Postby JonathonM » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 am

Win XP compatibility would be great. I miss the latest updates on my Windows XP machine.
JonathonM

Postby Alex654 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:17 am

+1 about ECC certs :)
Would be awesome to have it.
Alex654

Postby fred_mc » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:01 pm

I also want to thank you for supporting Windows XP. It is really great, thanks to this Windows XP has become possible to use seriously again.
fred_mc

Postby calibermix » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:46 pm

I have been testing this browser for a month now and I feel no difference with Chrome.

same speed and it does not work in the same websites, whereas the Firefox has no problems with those sites

the Facebook site is always crashing and it becomes slow when you scroll down for a while...

the best browser I found for Facebook is Maxthon and it consumes far less RAM than Chrome.

it's a shame to be using different browsers
calibermix

Postby FranceBB » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 pm

It crashes sometimes on Facebook on Windows XP and it still shows an error every time I get into settings. It's been a while since January; when is the new version going to be released?
FranceBB

Postby rasie1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 pm

@FranceBB:

Did you use the Maxthon Browser already?

In my experience, Maxthon is currently the most advanced and best-working browser for Windows XP. It is based on the core of Chromium 61. There is hope that Maxthon will continue to support XP with newer versions.
rasie1

Postby calibermix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Maxthon the most advanced ? it's the same shit as the other based chromium browsers.

I was testing an HTTPS (secure) site today and it said the site was wrong whereas it was OK on Firefox...

it would be good for Mozilla to keep supporting XP users given that non XP users are all moving to Chrome.
calibermix

Postby Alex654 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:31 am

>given that non XP users are all moving to Chrome

But why? In my opinion - maybe besides the DevTools which are better in Chrome (hmm, at least they were better until versions 46-48) - Mozilla Firefox is way better. It is faster, the text (especially after some advanced tuning) looks MUCH better there. I tested both browsers on Windows 7, 1920x1080 (native resolution), BGR monitor (Chrome tries to render text fine on all monitors, but this "pretty ok look without color tint on edges" comes in cost of line crispness and contrast).

I should mention that I have not tested Advanced Chrome on Windows 7 yet. I'l give it a try tomorrow to see if it makes the text rendering any better.
Alex654

Return to General Discussion