A feature request

Any topic

A feature request

Postby Alex654 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am

Hello again,

I was playing with some stuff recently and suddenly I realised that in Chrome (at least on Win XP, at least on versions that were released before the redesign of the main window in MD fashion) the themes are not changing any windows' color except the main window! For example, Dev Tools and Task Manager. They are always ligght blue on XP. I tried hard to search for some color constant in all the DLLs and EXEs, but no luck.

So could you please try to enable modification of all windows' frames based on the user's theme data, or maybe give us some way to set other windows' color on the settings page? I know on Win 7 those windows have more neutral appearance (either very-light-gray with a shade of blue, or transparent, depending on Aero settings), but on XP that bright-light-blue shade siems a bit annoying to me after all these years without change. Thanks :)
Alex654

Re: A feature request

Postby Alex654 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am

And if you wish, you can also post some instructions on how to patch standard Chrome/Chromium to change that default color for Win XP (it is a horizontal linear gradient, actually). Because I would be glad also to patch my Chrome 45 myself to change it.
It seems like a bug that these windows always remain in default theme (or some very strange feature). So maybe we should fix it =)
Alex654

Return to General Discussion