Update to 96.x

Any topic
admin
Site Admin

Update to 96.x

Post by admin »

Hello everyone, tried to update current version to latest chromium source that includes some vulnerability fixes, but the new version is terrible and slow, also crashes a lot, print preview is not even working, seems google devs are having a bad month so we will have to wait a while, new version is not usable so there is no point to update.

I am unable to apply those vulnerability patches manually to current advanced chrome version because I don't know the exact commits to apply, they decided to not publish that info, only big players have that info, MS..etc

Meanwhile you can disable "Enable Portals" (#enable-portals) and also disable "Enable cross-origin Portals" (#enable-portals-cross-origin) on browser flags, that will keep you safe for now, I don't know if by default they are enabled or disabled but is better to be safe and turn that shit off.

Now about some google rant, chrome is heading in a very bad direction, makes no sense because they keep making the browser worse with every update, they really try hard to fuck it up so it's really fucking amazing what they got on their minds, removing usefull stuff, force people into SSL in a draconian way and thats just the beginning, sooner or later this shit will explode..

There are many abusive sites (mostly news sites) that show 3 videos, 5 ads and do nasty stuff on background, I do recommend stopping that shit, you don't need some adblocker, found out this extension:
https://github.com/sagan/chrome-extensi ... javascript
With that extension you can stop javascript execution with one click, that will stop websites using your cpu while you read the news, actually adblockers aren't that good because they just stop the ads but with this extension you can stop all javascript events in one click, I was trying to include this kind of feature on advanced chrome but this extension helps a lot...

Going to wait some time until google devs fix everything, I am sure that will take some time because their latest build is really fucked.

anhsparkyqt0

Re: Update to 96.x

Post by anhsparkyqt0 »

I'm using Google Chrome 94.0.4606.81 and I have never seen this error. Please update Advanced Chrome to a more recent 94.0.x version. I'm on Windows 7 and the latest Advanced Chrome build, still 94.0.4590.0, presents this STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error to any pages so I'm unable to load any pages at all.

If updating to 96.x currently is not an option then please update Advanced Chrome to a more recent 94.0.x version. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Already built a 96.x but still has many problems, there are many vulnerabilities in all previous versions because the sandbox they developed don't even work properly.
It is so bad that I am moving to Firefox for now, feels much faster but I miss advanced chrome download manager.

anhsparkyqt0

Post by anhsparkyqt0 »

admin wrote:
> Already built a 96.x but still has many problems, there are many
> vulnerabilities in all previous versions because the sandbox they developed
> don't even work properly.
> It is so bad that I am moving to Firefox for now, feels much faster but I
> miss advanced chrome download manager.

What about an Advanced Firefox fork? ;) It seems Rust is a showstopper, isn't it? A part from lack of time and resources. I admit I can't understand Rust code. Do you able to deal with Rust?

p/s: just kidding :) BTW, I'm using this build of Firefox, you could have a look at it: http://www1.plala.or.jp/tete009/en-US/software.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Firefox needs some tweaks so will be nice to have an Advanced Firefox :D

Even it Firefox is not perfect I didn't know how much Chrome sucks behind, Chrome fonts are really blurry once you start to get used to Firefox, also Firefox is like 40% faster at least here, as far as I can remember firefox was heavy and slow but new versions are amazing.

I don't know RUST and will be nice to play with Firefox a bit :geek:

anhsparkyqt0

Post by anhsparkyqt0 »

admin wrote:
> Firefox needs some tweaks so will be nice to have an Advanced Firefox :D
>
> Even it Firefox is not perfect I didn't know how much Chrome sucks behind,
> Chrome fonts are really blurry once you start to get used to Firefox, also
> Firefox is like 40% faster at least here, as far as I can remember firefox
> was heavy and slow but new versions are amazing.
>
> I don't know RUST and will be nice to play with Firefox a bit :geek:

My experience is completely contrary. Google Chrome is always faster than Firefox. Maybe Firefox is faster than Advanced Chrome, though. Because from my observation I found Google Chrome is much faster than Advanced Chrome. It could be because Google builds Chrome with the best optimization techniques available and we just can't compare with them since we don't have such processing power. And unlike many others, I prefer the font rendering of Chrome and Chromium. It could be because I'm using Dark Reader and scale my screen to 125%, though.