Will be using Firefox for a while

Any topic
admin
Site Admin

Will be using Firefox for a while

Post by admin »

Currently I am using Firefox, at least fonts look better, image resample is millions time better, speed is almost the same also the browser keeps original image colors, so what this means?
Chrome renders terrible fonts, small scaled images look blurry, images seem to be tweaked to have vivid colors, tracking everywhere and currently being target of several vulnerabilities looking forward for more.

Sadly almost the entire world is eating the google cookie so this is pretty much fucked up, android version of google Chrome also has very bad recent reviews related to tab grouping, this is going downhill..

Firefox is very customizable, I didn't knew by how much, all the GUI is HTML so you can CSS the entire browser as you wish, about:config covers tons of configurations and included tracking protection works really good, lot of extensions...

I am not saying that I will dump Chrome forever but for now while Google Devs fix all the issues I will use Firefox and will wait some time until Advanced Chrome can be updated, sorry to give you bad news.

Also another good point about Firefox is that at the end It works exactly as I like without having to fork the entire browser, you just need to setup userChrome.css and about:config to get almost the perfect browser, download mechanism could be better but I am getting used to how it works..

anhsparkyqt0

Re: Will be using Firefox for a while

Post by anhsparkyqt0 »

I'm using Google Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (32-bit) and I found none of the problems you described. Could it be because Chrome and Chromium is different and Google keep the patches for Chrome without sharing with Chromium? I'm not sure. As I used other Chromium builds, notably from ungoogled-chromium and also found none of the problems you described.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Will be using Firefox for a while

Post by admin »

Try opening firefox and google chrome at the same page, try browser.taokaizen.com and compare the quality of the logo, you must notice chrome is very blurry, all page fonts are very light and washed out, the image problem exist in windows and linux, the font problem is only on windows.

Advanced Chrome has diferent image rendering so fonts and images render a little better but still worse than firefox.