translation

Any topic
it-service

translation

Post by it-service » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:34 am

Hello,

Is it possible to translate the save dialog into other languages? Best with a config file?

regards

chris

admin
Site Admin

Re: translation

Post by admin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:54 am

Hi! welcome to the forum, it is not possible with a config file and the only way I know is to add all language variations to the resource file and re-build, I tried to change the resource files but at that time did not work, one easy way is to use existing translations for similar keywords but could not find a good match for OPEN, SAVE and DISCARD.

Will try to add multilanguage text for save dialog in next version, hopefully I will succeed next time :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:18 am

New version is out, save dialog is now multilanguage.
Please report back if you have any problem.

c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:08 am

admin wrote:
> New version is out, save dialog is now multilanguage.
> Please report back if you have any problem.

Hi admin, really thank you very much again by update and continue the XP support, I am very grateful with your effort and work :mrgreen:
btw, i have a doubt, i know our dear Chromkenstein 52.x is based on a mixture from chrome 48~52 (agree to homepage), but the current build (52.15.5320.0) have parts from Chrome 57? agree to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ this is 'Chrome 57 on Windows XP' what is great!!!
Please don't forget add some details about this small things as Chrome parts included, it's nice to know these details sometimes :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:45 am

Hi sanchez, thanks for your comments and glad you like all the effort.

The Chromkenstein is a mixture from 48-52, user agent shows Chrome 57 because coded it to be dynamic, the version number will increase automatically at the same rate google releases new versions, this is because I hate the annoying warnings google shows at their websites about "your browser is no longer supported" when they inspect the browser user agent, they want to force people to update and they do it in a very draconian way, advanced chrome now generates an user agent that is "accepted" by google.

c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:44 pm

I see, is Chrome 52 with a Chrome 57 user agent.
I know is a really hard thing make newer Chrome's version to work on XP, but we can wait newer versions based on majors chrome core.
Is only a curiosity really, until now Chromkenstein 52 is working pretty nice, and i think the minor issues they vanished with last update :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Well, its chrome 52 but with an user agent that right now reports 57, next month maybe it reports 58 and then 59 at the same rate of google, but the browser does not upgrades it self magically lol :D

Chromkenstein is working fine here also (52.15.5320.0) very stable, no problems with even complex html5 sites and webgl runs smooth, actually find it much better than newer versions, for example, google removed ssl site detailed info on newer versions, to check certificate info you need to go deep on developer tools, also newer versions seem to crash a lot and have some javascript problems on some sites.