Please archive builds

Post here any problems you may encounter
Andy

Please archive builds

Post by Andy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Our company is depending on Advanced Chrome.. we have it running on 1000's of machines right now displaying digital signage :D

I see you have 69 up right now, but, after using it for a bit, we realized there are too many problems with it (not things you have done, but with chrome itself). We would like to roll back to the previous version.

Is there any way you could have an archive page? Or just post the 3 previous versions of Advanced Chrome? Our Q/A needs to do some testing and we would like to test the 3 previous to 69.

Thank you so much for all your work!
-andy.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Please archive builds

Post by admin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 am

Hello, welcome to the forum, I will send you the link via PM where you will find many of the latest builds.

Version 69 works better than 70 and 72, I haven't published newer versions because they are getting worse, even managed to improve the shape of the tabs on version +70, but somehow they are very buggy.

I use smooth scroll extension and it stopped working on v72, creates stuttering and haven't had time to fix it.

Andy

Post by Andy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 am

One of the huge issues in 69 is when running with the --kiosk flag there should be no way to exit full screen mode. Well, they added a nice little floating X button that drops down in the middle screen allowing users to exit out of full screen mode. Why would they allow that in kiosk mode?

Very frustrating. We will probably stick with 67 for a very long time now.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
-andy.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Will be nice to create a new flag that locks fullscreen in kiosk mode, I can add that feature for next version.

One month ago had to create new command line flags for linux PDF printing using headless chrome to be able to control footer, zoom, page ratio and other stuff, It was really easy for me, I wonder if google developers are lazy or dumb.

Already have version 72 do you want to try it out? I haven't tested it myself and will be nice to have some feedback.

Andy

Post by Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:43 pm

I would love to try out 72 -- Maybe this kiosk bug was just in 69? If you send it to me, i'll let you know how it goes

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:15 am

Kiosk mode can be closed as a feature, i dont think is a bug, they dont want to lock the user, they should provide a reliable kiosk mode but they dont care.

Uploaded version 72 so you can try it out, I haven't used it yet so I have no idea how stable it is but v72 is pretty much like current stable chrome.

Andy

Post by Andy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:59 pm

got it -- Will update it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks again... your help is very much appreciated by everyone over here.

Shyboy

Post by Shyboy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 am

Just asking, does your 72, still have the flag to disable that Horrenduous new layout? I'm not so much against it but what they did to the omnibox, you have to be a wizard to get to your known site quickly because how much wasted space they put there, and how wasted they made it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:09 pm

The flag is gone for good since they removed all the code for the old layout, but I improved the shape of the tabs and you might like it.

Going to send you the link so you can try v72 via private message.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:27 am

Andy wrote:
> I would love to try out 72 -- Maybe this kiosk bug was just in 69? If you
> send it to me, i'll let you know how it goes

Hey Andy can you try v72 and disable this flag:
chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-fullscreen-exit-ui

Tried that flag on fullscreen and close button is gone!

If you disable that flag maybe kiosk mode will work as you need.