Videos issue

Post here any issue you find
MarianaPereira

Videos issue

Post by MarianaPereira »

Hi!
I am having some trouble playing videos when they are embedded (like youtube videos on facebook), I can make them play by clicking on them, but as soon as the video starts I cannot click anywhere else (not volume, nor pause/play, nor configurations...). I have my flash payer up to date, and this issue does not occur with Google Chrome. Also, I believe this problem started the last time I updated chromium to the last version (I am not absolutely sure, but it was definitively around the same time).
Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Videos issue

Post by admin »

Hi Mariana, the problem must be related to Adobe flash player, I don't have any problem here and my computer is running:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits
- Advanced Chrome 27.0.1431.0 (186370)
- Flash version 11.6.602.171

Chrome includes it's own version of flash but Advanced Chrome does not include any flash player so it must be installed from:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

What version of flash you have? to get version number right click on any youtube video and at the bottom it shows "About Adobe..."

Try installing latest flash player because maybe you have some old version installed.

MarianaPereira

Post by MarianaPereira »

Hello,

My computer is running:
Advanced chrome 27.0.1431.0
Windows 7 home premium
Flash version 11,7,700,202

I tried re-installing Flash player several times, and I always get the same result. Also, when checking the version I have installed, the place where it says the version appears strange (I uploaded a print screen of that). Again, in Chrome everything works fine, and the version number appears normally.
Do you think it could be a language incompatibility of some kind? My OS is in Portuguese, and so is the Advanced Chrome and Flash player.

Thanks!
Attachments
Sem Título.jpg
Sem Título.jpg (254.6 KiB) Viewed 14497 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Weird, here works fine, can you try this version?
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com ... -win32.zip

Close all chrome/chromium browsers before trying, Advanced Chrome is built using this version of chromium so they are almost the same.

MarianaPereira

Post by MarianaPereira »

I have the same problem with the version you gave me. The Adobe flash payer version appears weird like with advanced chrome...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We can make more tests, close chromium and backup your chromium default profile located at %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data, you can copy elsewhere or create a zip of "User Data"

Once you have a backup we can do the following:

(TESTING CLEAN PROFILE)
1.- Delete your chromium "User Data" folder located at "%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data" (We created a backup earlier)
2.- Run chromium, it will create a brand new "User Data"
3.- Check if youtube video problem still exists

(TESTING NEW VERSIONS)
If problem is not fixed then download a newer version of chromium:
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com ... -win32.zip
Close chromium and unzip the newer chromium, check if youtube video problem still exists

If the newer version is fixed then I will have to update Advanced Chrome to the latest version where they fixed the problem, but if the newer version is still not working properly then finding a solution is hard.

You can restore your "User Data" from your backup at the end of these tests, you just need to delete "User Data" and restore your backup.