Twitch streams don't work

Post here any issue you find
Wallboy

Twitch streams don't work

Post by Wallboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:40 am

Using the latest custom build. Just starting today all Twitch streams show up with a black screen with the error "Error while decoding media resource"

Tested normal Chrome and FIrefox and those are working fine.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Twitch streams don't work

Post by admin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Yup noticed that a few days ago, what i did was click on their video options menu and disabled html5 player, now video player works.

Seems they launched a new version of their player that is only compatible with latest v8 of chrome 57.

Wallboy

Post by Wallboy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Yeah, I switched back to their flash player for the time being. Is this a fixable thing in the next custom build?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Will try to update V8 on custom build for next version, also you can try Latest Build 59.0.3033.0 that includes the latest v8 and webkit.

Wallboy

Post by Wallboy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks, I'll wait for the custom build since I mainly use it for the ability to disable DirectWrite to get rid of the gross fonts on the official latest chrome versions.

Wallboy

Post by Wallboy » Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Any advancement on the new custom build? Tried going back to HTML5 on Twitch and the problem still persists.

Another weird bug I've ran into is with the extension Youtube Magic Actions. When they update the extension, the next time you open the browser you get a new tab open that shows the new features of it. Usually after you close it, it will not open up again. But every time you open the browser that same tab opens once again.

Only way I could fix it was to export the extensions settings, uninstall it, reinstall it and import it's settings back.

I also tried the latest 60 build and I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find anywhere in the settings to set a home page or even show the home button.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 21, 2017 12:37 am

Hello Wallboy, trying to update custom build but no luck updating webkit and v8, funny since this is why google created blink to hack webkit to their crazyness.

Developers usually update extensions for newer chrome versions so thats why sometimes you can get "weird" stuff on older builds like custom build, the core issue here is v8 engine.

About latest build google is removing a lot of features they say no one uses, like SSL cert extended details, plugin page, and so on, its hard to "undo" the stuff they are removing, C++ sucks because all the dependencies, even if they just rename some "code" most of the time it creates a cascade effect that forces you to update tons of files.

Future does not look nice with googlers playing god, they even want to remove "Close tabs to the right" feature because their "stats" report that only 5% of users use the feature, how the hell they got this stats info? crazy times indeed...

vlykarye

Post by vlykarye » Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Ouch. I hate google developers. They are so arrogant and think they know what's best.
At this point, I'm waiting for a new group to branch off and make a brand new browser.

Using bad models in C++ can surely make it harder to deal with changes.
I don't think this is a limitation of C++, but rather an improper usage (though the language doesn't exactly make it easy).