Some Bugs

Post here any issue you find
Methen

Some Bugs

Post by Methen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am

Ok Iam using the custom version and have some bugs to report

1 This does not work on java sites when you try to do a java test you get
The Chrome browser does not support NPAPI plug-ins and therefore will not run all Java content. Switch to a different browser (Internet Explorer or Safari on Mac) to run the Java plug-in.

2 when I go in to the sittings such as clear history and bookmarks I keep getting a pop up that
says: The Instruction at "0x052664d68" referenced memory at " 0x00000000" The memory could not be "read".
click on ok to terminate the program
click on cancel to debug the program

When I click on cancel to debug the program nothing happens

Feature request would be to have this install like a regular exe so that it can properly install the register files
as this may be what is causing some problems...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Some Bugs

Post by admin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi welcome to the forum,

The java test on java.com detects your user agent and he thinks you do not have NPAPI, they actually black you out without even trying, if you change your user agent to something they know have NPAPI then you will be able to do the test, JAVA.COM must check NPAPI instead of the user agent.

Have tried to fix the crash on settings for windows XP but can't fix it without affecting windows 7 and higher.

Advanced Chrome is portable and when you run for the first time you can make it "Default Browser", after clicking the button it is supposed to register html files and integrate everything with windows explorer, the problem is that sometimes it does not work properly because that is the way google coded it.

I created a .REG file to fix this issue and it might help you with any trouble, attached it to this message.
Attachments
Fix Chromium Launch Error.zip
(451 Bytes) Downloaded 225 times

Methen

Post by Methen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:46 pm

I tried to attachment did not work, can you create a separate version just for xp ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Sadly I can not compile older chromium versions anymore, getting tons of errors building version 54.15.5320.0 because google decided to use clang instead of visualstudio and to make it worse now it takes 7 hours to build.

Imagine pressing "Build" and waiting 7 hours at 100% CPU even with my 4Ghz quad core and SSD, damn you google damn you!

Methen

Post by Methen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm

I see, well I guess I will have to put up with the annoying bug then, its not to bad just a little annoying...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Managed to restore a disk image with vs2015 and some old depot_tools, created a new build 54.20.6530.0 that fixes the crash issue on settings.

Can you report back any trouble?
Thanks!

Methen

Post by Methen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Yes that annoying popup is gone thank you, There is another bug I forgot to report I notice that on certain web pages I go on I get the following error some times This webpage is not available

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.

Note this also did the same thing on a older version of chrome I was using that was the last version to work with xp when I use fire fox the page opens ok...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Yes, that is normal under XP because of old libraries but if you try the same chrome version on windows 7 then cipher works fine.

At least the annoying popup is gone =)

Methen

Post by Methen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Yep. Thank you very much for that. someday I may try out windows 7 but for now i am a xp person....