I get the following error see attachment I am running xp pro sp3
Attachments
Grab31.jpg
Grab31.jpg (32.62 KiB) Viewed 2778 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Does not work

Post by admin » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Hello, XP is not supported for latest version, try using windows 7.

Methen

Post by Methen » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:18 am

I thought the whole point of this site was to help people who are running xp, if I wanted to run windows 7 I could just download from google and get the latest version , But I see you are like everyone else and abandoned xp ...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:55 am

Advanced Chrome has many improvements compared to default google version, thats why I developed it, I won't use Google Chrome because of the way it handle downloads, Advanced Chrome exists from version 38 = long time ago, running on XP was a plus but today is impossible since the web is moving forward with new stuff that XP does not support.

If your computer is old you can install ubuntu and use virtualbox to emulate XP and run older apps, if you need 'office' you can download libre office for free.

When the internet was founded, the world was different, they didn't even think about "bad guys" running computers, most people were "good geeks" online, thats why back then computer security measures where minimal, SPAM didn't even exists, today anyone can go online to do mostly bad stuff.

Thanks to "good geeks" you can use linux, mysql, libre office, and many other OPEN SOURCE software, install Ubuntu or "Linux Mint Cinnamon" and forget about XP.

This applies for everyone using XP, try "Linux Mint Cinnamon" since is the best looking OS, you can dual boot with windows 7 in case your computer can handle games, Linux Mint with Libre Office, Komodo, Android Studio, or whatever tool you need and you are ready to go if you use computer for work.