84.0.4115.0 buggy with Gmail

Post here any issue you find
larryu

84.0.4115.0 buggy with Gmail

Post by larryu »

Latest Build 84.0.4115.0 seems to have some stability issues, specifically in Gmail where occasionally I get related tab (not other tabs though) to freeze or I'd get "Oops... the system encountered a problem (#2003)" Gmail error message. Those have never been experienced before with any of your previous versions, from 60.0.3088.1 up to 69.0.3445.0 and 74.0.3860.0 - with those last two being rock solid.
This is happening on Win 7 (x86/x64) and Win 10 x64.
I'm sorry I can't provide any more details, but do you have any thoughts on what changes in the new version could be causing this and any pointers on what to pay attention to in troubleshooting?

admin
Site Admin

Re: 84.0.4115.0 buggy with Gmail

Post by admin »

Hello!, I don't know what google devs are smoking but it is indeed not good, v84 seems very buggy, images look blury and when page is reloaded the browser can't keep the last position so it kinda jumps up.

Google saying that they are skipping v82 release, at least v84 is somewhat better than my tests with v82.

I can update v84 to whatever they are doing right now (maybe now is v85) or roll back to v74.0.3860.0, what you think?

larryu

Post by larryu »

Thanks for the reply.
If you have spare time to fiddle with it, you can count on my testing 'services'. :) But I'll leave up to your coding judgement of how really buggy this version is.
Your Chromium version is the one I've strongly preferred for a couple of years now over any other one exactly for your focus on stability and practical features not available with (any) others.

larryu

Post by larryu »

larryu wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> If you have spare time to fiddle with it, you can count on my testing
> 'services'. :) But I'll leave up to your coding judgement of how really
> buggy this version is.
> Your Chromium version is the one I've strongly preferred for a couple of
> years now over any other one exactly for your focus on stability and
> practical features not available with (any) others.

Any thoughts on the above?
Btw, perhaps put a link to your last XP-compatible version on the homepage so people don't SPAM unrelated topics (such as this one for example).
Regards to the Mountain TZ :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Heh, he really invaded this topic lol moved him to another topic

I am annoyed by some of the newer bugs google devs introduced in v84, the page jumps up randomly on reload like an heuristic problem that makes the scrolling calculation, also dev tools scrolling is messed up, we have to wait until they fix all of this or maybe reverting back to last version.

Can you try checking if the newer builds solve the issues you are experiencing? you can download them here:
https://commondatastorage.googleapis.co ... index.html

They will be at Win -> then you sort the first column descending, higher number the latest

If they are still smoking then they are going to be as bad or worse than v84