(solved) Widevine on 74 & 84

Post here any issue you find
docR

(solved) Widevine on 74 & 84

Post by docR »

I've been using the 84 build for some time, but only recently started using Netflix again. At the start of a video the windevine component is recognized and the content will play. But randomly it will lock me out, and Netflix will error out with M7701-1003. This is a clean profile, and I can confirm on other machines/profiles. Prime video behaves similarly too.

So I rolled back to 74, backed up the 84 profile and created a new one. This build is flagged as outdated/incompatible by these services, even with a spoofed user agent.

7 x64
Last edited by docR on Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Widevine on 74 & 84

Post by admin »

Yes, for me v84 is unusable even with all the fixes I had to make, currently I am using v74 also.

About v74 tried netflix and works fine using windows 10, have you tried with a clean profile?

docR

Post by docR »

Yeah, I re-created the profile a few times just to ensure it wasn't a fluke error. This is the error I receive with 74 https://i.imgur.com/ROMSREb.png
I can replicate this issue on two machines, each with fresh profiles on 7 x64. It was fine up until recently. Other Chromium forks don't present this error, strangely enough.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sadly I don't have W7 anymore to test, what version is actually running?

chrome://components/
Here is:
Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version: 4.10.1440.18
Status - Up-to-date

docR

Post by docR »

admin wrote:
> Sadly I don't have W7 anymore to test, what version is actually running?
>
> chrome://components/
> Here is:
> Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version: 4.10.1440.18
> Status - Up-to-date
It seems to be working fine now, the component just needed updated. It was at 4.10.1224.7, now its upto 4.10.1440.18. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: (solved) Widevine on 74 & 84

Post by admin »

Weird that you had some old version, thats why you had that problem.

Good, working now :)

docR

Post by docR »

admin wrote:
> Weird that you had some old version, thats why you had that problem.
>
> Good, working now :)

Yeah, it was a little unusual. Figured the component would update itself, kind of slipped my mind to try and manually force it from the components page. Thanks again. Suuuuper happy to have this version of Advanced Chrome, because mainstream (and 84 build) is a bit of a bugfest.
Btw if I may ask. With Google planning to push the plunger on 7 next summer (likely with 8.1 alongside it, as was the case with XP/Vista), will this project do anything to circumvent that? Obviously I know that can't be maintained forever with little manpower. But if its just a superficial OS lockout? Apologies to bring that up so prematurely, I realize you're still fending off XP folks :geek:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Heh yea still there are many people looking for a web browser that works under XP, I didn't knew that they are planning to kill windows 7 in one year, windows 7 and windows 10 share a similar kernel so killing something that still works is stupid, whatever they destroy can be undo easily for some time (about 1 year) but later it becomes harder or impossible because they really move a lot of code, chrome is getting worse every new version.

docR

Post by docR »

admin wrote:
> Heh yea still there are many people looking for a web browser that works
> under XP, I didn't knew that they are planning to kill windows 7 in one
> year, windows 7 and windows 10 share a similar kernel so killing something
> that still works is stupid, whatever they destroy can be undo easily for
> some time (about 1 year) but later it becomes harder or impossible because
> they really move a lot of code, chrome is getting worse every new version.
Fair enough. Thanks for the response =)